July 5, 2012

Pack the Perfect Beach Bag!

Since summer is in season and with that comes warm weather I decided to put together a sort of guide of what to keep in your beach bag! This is also like a What's in My Beach Bag because I went through mine to put the picture together! You could also take this to the pool or wherever you like to go in the summer to beat the heat! Tell me in the comments what your one essential thing you keep in your beach/pool bag! Happy Summer!

The Bag: I love to bring a backpack because my hands can be free to carry other stuff like towels, chairs, and coolers. For me I can pack more too if I bring a backpack! I also like that I can zip it up and keep the sand out. I really like the backpacks target has. They have some with really cute prints like the one above that are perfect for summer!

Inside the Bag: Safety first! Always, always, always bring sunscreen to protect your skin from the sun! You also will definitely want some water to rehydrate yourself after swimming and being out in the sun. Sunglasses will help protect your eyes from the sun and you can also find a super cute pair that goes with your swim suit! I get bored really easily if I am laying out so magazines and books are a must. I really enjoyed reading The Lying Game because its a easy read but you want to keep reading so in turn you'll stay out in the sun longer. Music is also fun to listen to so bring your phone or iPod! I suggest putting your phone in a Ziploc bag to keep the sand from scratching the screen. Plus if you have a touch screen phone you can still use your phone while it's in the bag! I wouldn't suggest bringing your whole wallet, but a small card case you can put some money and IDs in works perfectly! 

Inside the "Makeup" Bag: I put makeup in parentheses because I really don't bring (and don't suggest) makeup while at the beach. I usually just put a little bit of waterproof mascara on and bring it also to touch up if we go somewhere after swimming. I also like to have oil blotting sheets in case I feel too shiny. Deodorant is always helpful to have around too! If you feel like you are getting a little grimy and sweaty a facial wipe can do wonders, also if your mascara smudges while you are swimming you'll be able to remove it. Sometimes so much swimming can suck the moisture out of your skin so having a small bottle of moisturizer is good to freshen up with. Lastly, I bring my favorite curling spray John Frieda Frizz Ease Dream Curls to help calm my hair down and make my beachy hair look even nicer!

Hope you all are having an awesome summer!
XOXO Meghan

3 comments:

  1. hey i followed your wonderful blog :) hope that you'll return the favour :D http://styledandwired.blogspot.co.uk/
    Megan,
    xox

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow love your blog its super cuteee! im following you :)


    http://www.misscitychic.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. love the backpack! I'm so happy they made a comeback.
    I'm following you via GFC
    xx

    ReplyDelete