December 31, 2011

Best of 2011: My Favorite Products

Image
To round off this year, I decided to create a list of my favorite of favorites from 2011. This encompasses pretty much everything that I have really loved this year. I switch up items that I use almost weekly for some things so it was hard for me to think back to the things I have been using for a good amount of this year. So that shows how much I love these things! Let me know your favorites of this year!

1. Clinique Dramatically Different Moisturizing Gel
I got this lotion actually on January first of this year and since then I haven't gone back! I am pretty low maintenance on moisturizers, so this one is perfect for me. It keeps my skin feeling fresh and clean all day. I use the gel because I have combo/oily skin, they also have a lotion version for dry skin, but I would probably recommend the gel for people with normal skin because I feel like it's a little lighter than the lotion. But it is a great all encompassing moisturizer!

2. Covergirl Lash Blast Mascara (Volume and Fusion)
I used one of these two mascaras all throughout summer! I will always have that iconic orange mascara tube with me, it is great by itself and also layers great with all other mascaras. I have been using some sort of version of Lash Blast for about 2 or 3 years now, if that's not dedication that I don't know what is! It always works!

3. Remington Curling Wand
I got this  hair iron back in 2010 for Christmas and I just works so perfectly for my hair. I have naturally curly hair, but pretty much only on my bottom layers. Then, my top layers are almost stick straight! This curling wand works wonders on my limp hair to give it a really effortless and natural look. You can go from ringlets to beachy waves! 

4. Basic Scarfs
I honestly wear a scarf probably five out of seven days in the week! I pretty much alternate between my black and white cashmere ones but sometimes I mix it up with a fun pattern. I get cold super easy and scarf are great to stay warm and also look really cute. It might just be me but I feel like scarves can make an outfit look super cute even when they are just a solid color.


5. Clairsonic + Purity Made Simple
I got the set in the picture from QVC that included the Clairsonic Plus (in pink!!) and some Philosophy items a while back. I have always love this cleanser and the Clairsonic makes your face so soft and gets out all the leftover makeup!

6. Steve Madden "Intyce" Boots
I pretty much wear these everyday! They are so cute and go with any outfit! They are the perfect riding boot and I cannot gush about them enough. Pretty much everyone has these boots at my school but they are so great I understand why! Definitely recommend if you are looking for a nicely made riding boot.

7. Vintage Coach Messenger Bag
I bought this at thrift store for like $15! I use it all the time for shopping or for school! I actually has a pretty good amount of room to where I can fit a reading book in it and my lunch for school and a water! It is really versatile and a easy choice when it comes to picking out the bag I want to wear, it's really great. You can only find it online now I believe, especially on Etsy!

8. NYX Blush Rouge Cream in Glow
I definitely have an unhealthy obsession with blush! I especially love this cream blush from NYX. It honestly does add a "glow" to your face that is really pretty. It is so pigmented and is super creamy compared to a MAC blushcreme. This is a really great universal pink color that looks good on its own or with a powder blush on top. You can buy NYX online or in ULTA.

9. Organix Moroccan Argan Oil Shampoo and Conditioner
I was going through a bit of a rough patch with my hair mid summer. It didn't feel soft, it was dry and damaged. I decided to try this out it did wonders for my hair. Even after one wash my hair felt smoother and softer. I also love the smell!

10. Pearl Studs
I have never really been that big into earrings even though I love the look of long dangly ones! It always seems like a hassle to put them on! But pretty much all this year I wore pearl studs! They go with any outfit and are just so classic. I have like five pairs in different colors and sizes and I love them!


What were your favorites of 2011?! Hope you all are really for the New Year and are have a safe and fun New Year's Eve!
XOXO M

No comments:

Post a Comment