July 8, 2012

Makeup for Glasses

Glasses aren't always the cutest accessories ever, but sometimes it can be fun to change up your look. I have pretty terrible eyesight and am an avid contact lens wearer, but sometimes I revert back to my big, black frames. I find though, that not all my everyday makeup looks always work when I wear my glasses. If anyone else seems to be facing this problem as well I have put together this look and also some goods tips and tricks.

Basically the goal while doing makeup for glasses is the make your eyes pop even while they are hidden behind your frames. To do this you want to create the illusion of your eyes being bigger than they are. To do this you want some shimmer but also matte colors to define your eyes. I have listed the exact products I used to create this look but have also tried to describe them so you can look in your own collection for things similar! Let's get started:

1. Start by priming your eyelids. This will help your eyeshadows last all day and not crease. E.L.F Eyelid Primer $1

2. I am starting on my crease with warm, shimmery brown colors. I am lightly sweeping this through my crease and above it. The shimmer in the eyeshadow will really help open your eye up and brighter them also. Make sure you do not take it down onto your lid. We want to pull the eye so stay in the crease area and above. Covergirl Shimmering Sands Eye Enhancers $5 {Mix of the two brown shades}

3. Next I took a matte grey, brown color and applied that to what I call the 'line' of my crease. Unlike how we applied the last color, you want to be sure to keep this color right where you can see or feel your eye sockets. Make sure it is not a harsh line but it should be relatively defined. Having that subtle line above your lid will give depth to your eyes. i.d. bareMinerals Eyecolor in Justice $9.50

4. When wearing glasses I find that I can work with darker eyeshadows. In the pictures the look is does not appear very dark because my lighting sort of washed it out but you can still see the effect. On a fluffy brush I lightly pick up golden taupe color and pulled that through my crease. You don't want this to be too dramatic which is why I used a less dense brush. This will bring your first two brown colors together and give more shading. NYX Single Eyeshadow in Taupe Pearl 129A $5

5. To clean the look up and add to the definition I took a skin tone eyeshadow and put that on my lid. This will help to contrast your crease colors and open up your eyes. Wet 'n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Single Brulee 251A $2

6. To brighten our eyes even more I took a pearly highlight and applied that to my inner corner and tear duct. Covergirl Shimmering Sands Eye Enhancers $5 {Lightest color}

7. Line your eyes with a bit of liquid eyeliner. I love doing a winged liner with glasses because it really lifts the eye upwards. I don't go all the way inwards with the eyeliner to my tear duct. I try to go only 3/4 of the way in because I want to keep that inner corner really light and bright. NYC Liquid Eyeliner $3

8. Top it all off with your favorite mascara and you're done. When it comes to lashes and glasses you can go for an extra bold and dramatic look. Make sure they still look full and soft though! Maybelline The Falsies $7

You can also choose to add a little color to your look if you want to. I like sticking with complementary shades to my eyecolor. So I like to line my bottom lashes with a little bit of a purple eyeshadow or liner. Blue eyes look great with orange-y golds. And brown looks good with almost everything! Experiment and see what you like best!

If  you try this look out let me know in the comments! You can also share your tips for makeup for glasses also! This look also look great without glasses so even if you are 20/20 you can still wear this easy daytime look. Have an awesome day!
XOXO Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment