August 15, 2012

Back to School: First Day Dilemma


Everyone always stresses out over what to wear their first day back to school. Today I have two options that you can mix and match between according to your personal style that incorporate and simple and basic piece. This comfy white tee seen in the middle of the picture is an awesome layering piece and is super stylish. It incorporates three trends in one: tribal, neon, and ombre! This is such an easy top to throw on and can be paired many ways.

Outfit No. 1

A chambray shirt should be a staple in every girls closet, especially for back to school. The button up denim shirt can be paired alone or layered over a cute top like this one. I am not a big advocate of denim-on-denim so I recommend going with a black jean, you could also switch this up for a skirt or shorts. I love the addition of a cheetah print belt, it adds a really fun, patterned touch! I kept the shoes neutral with tan flats but I also think a similar shade sandal would be really cute. This oversized and color blocked tote is perfect to carry all your school necessities in and incorporates some of the colors from the rest of the look. Overall, this outfit is super versatile and you can switch little things up to make it your own which I love about it!

Outfit No. 2

I used the same bright top and kind of darkened the look up a bit. I added grey distressed short which instantly add a cool grungy vibe. I layered an oatmeal colored, oversized cardigan for a more casual touch. To play up the edgyness in the outfit I added lace up boots and a motorcycle inspired purse. Be sure you appropriately pair your shorts and boots together, your shorts can't be too short and your boots can't be too tall. For jewelry I played back in the bright color from the top with some fun bangle bracelets. I also added some little stud earrings to finish off the look.

Which look is your favorite or how would you go about combining the two? Let me know what you are going to wear your first day back in the classroom! Hope you all are having a fun last few days of summer!

xx Meghan

No comments:

Post a Comment