December 16, 2011

Masque Yourself

Image
There are two things that come to mind when I think of a face mask. First off, the staple cucumber on the eyes looks and secondly, this one scene from That's So Raven when she runs in with a bright green mask on her face. Haha, is that weird or what?! I love to use masks, for their beneficial factors and also the fun feeling of painting your face and looking pretty funny! Here's a post on some face masks that I really like and would recommend!


Tips for Facial Masks



- Remember your skin type! Different types of masks will do different things for your skin so keep your personal interest in mind. 
- I tend to apply my face masks with my ELF Foundation Brush. It's really cheap (only $1!) and I don't like to use those kind of brushes for my foundation, so I like to use them for applying face masks! Clean up is super easy and the mask doesn't get all over your hands!
- It's a good idea to wash your face and exfoliate before using a mask. I also like to use masks when I get out of the shower, the steam helps open up you pores which will help the mask draw out your impurities. 


Also know, that I have moderately, oily skin so these products may not work for you. I can't review things that would work for girls with dry skin and such, just because I don't own anything for that purpose.

The CVS Purifying Mint Masque is sort of like a dupe to the Queen Helene Mint Julep Mask. I couldn't find that one at any of the stores where I am, so I decided to just try this one out. It's not very expensive and can obviously be found at any CVS. Even without trying the Queen Helene Mask, I am convinced the two are extremely similar, if not identical. This claims to draw out impurities, shrink pores, and refresh your skin. I definitely shrinks your pores, I can noticed a big difference when I use this frequently and when I don't. It really cleans off your skin and makes it feel fresh, and minty! It's more like a clay mask in consistency and is also green which is super fun! 

If you love citrus scents like me, you'll definitely love the smell of this mask. The Formula 10.0.6 Deep Down Detox Mask has a really awesome orange scent. But don't worry, it's not some icky artificial fragrance, there are a bunch of different fruit oils (mostly orange) mixed into this mask that give it it's great smell. This doesn't do much than just really giving nice, fresh skin and kind of giving your face a little burst of energy.  It's called a mud mask, and I of course got all excited, thinking it was going to be brown, but it's like a pink-grey color.

The Clearasil Ultra Acne + Marks Wash also doubles as a mask, which I think is really cool! I like to use this one in the shower because it's really quick and simple. You only need to put in on for about five minutes. It foams pretty nice, the only thing I find a bit strange about it is the the consistency tends to slip around on your hand rather than go onto your face, but you can work around that. After letting it sit on my face for a bit, I'll rub it around like a normal cleanser and just wash it off. I think it does help mild acne!

I hope you have some ideas for a new mask to try out! I also know there are a ton of different masks you can make at home, let me know in the comments if you'd be interested in hearing some of those, (that way I could do masks for all skin types), and also share my favorites. Thanks for reading!
XOXO M

1 comment:

  1. This is a great all-encompassing post! I love your blog. :)

    ReplyDelete